The Department of Surgical Oncology at Sterling Cancer Hospital, Ahmedabad offers a multidisciplinary approach to modern cancer therapy involving clinical / translational research, and applied basic laboratory investigations related to the etiology, diagnosis, and treatment of malignant solid tumours.
Surgical Oncology is one of the important treatment modalities in cancer treatment and management, wherein a surgeon uses his skills and expertise to remove the cancerous lump from the body. Surgical Oncology is one of the oldest curative treatment modality available for cancer.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Well-equipped with state-of-the-art 3 OTs with Laminar Flow class 100 standard filters
- Advanced Da Vinci TM Robotic Surgery System. This assists the surgeon to perform complex surgeries with greater accuracy and precision while minimizing the pain and risk of large incisions.
- Headed by a renowned professional in the field of Surgical Oncology - Dr. Somesh Chandra, Director and HOD, Surgical Oncology
- Cumulative experience of more than 1,00,000 (1 Lakh) cancer surgeries performed.
- Expert surgeons with comprehensive expertise in Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) for the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of cancers